Friday, November 15, 2019

Amway XS- Bring Back Sparkling Juiced Energy - Pink Grapefruit





If you couldn’t tell from the name of the blog, I absolutely love energy drinks, especially those that are pink. I don’t know if there is something about the flavor that my brain associates with the color pink, but I just love it. While my favorite is and will always be the Pink Drink from Plexus, I am open to any energy beverages of any color. In today’s review, I will be taking a look at Amway’s product line- XS. This is a canned energy drink from Amway, which you may have heard of before. 

Amway is an MLM that was founded in 1959 by Jay Van Andel and Richard DeVos. The company is currently based out of Michigan and, alongside its sister companies reported sales in excess of $8 billion in 2018 (WOW). Amway sells much more than energy drinks, however. Their product offering extends into health, beauty, and home care products. 

I think that I had a distant aunt that sold Amway products at one point, but I’m not so sure. I came across the Amway brand at a gym that I used to work at. There was once gentleman in particular who would always drink one right before he would do a spin class. After multiple weeks of watching him gulp down this foreign beverage, I had to ask him where he got it. Because the can didn’t have “AMWAY” written across it, I figured that it was some sort of new energy drink that had just hit the market. After speaking to the gentleman, however, I learned that these drinks could only be purchased through approved distributors who, through a partnership with Amway, were able to own their own business and make money selling products that they already used.

Evidently, in 2015 Amway purchased the XS Energy company and began selling their products. That makes sense and explains why Amway isn't written all over the packaging.

While I didn’t have spare time to be involved with Amway, I was very interested in the XS drinks. The guy from the gym was in great shape, and if XS was somehow to thank for that, I was interested. I asked the guy if I could purchase some from him and I was delighted to learn that he sold variety cases for only $30. We met a few days later and I began to taste test all of the XS flavors. 




The following is my break down of what I thought of my variety case:


  • XS™ Sparkling Juiced Energy Pink Grapefruit (2 cans)
    • THE BEST! I love the flavor of grapefruit and the effervescence was really subtle and nice. 5 stars!
  • XS™ Sparkling Juiced Energy Mango Pineapple Guava (2 cans)
    • At first, I was not a fan of this. Upon second taste, however, my opinion of this drink improved 4 stars!
  • XS™ Sparkling Juiced Energy Dragon Fruit (2 cans)
    • LOVE IT! Great flavor. 4.5 Stars
  • XS™ Caffeine-Free Sparkling Juiced Energy Mango Pineapple Guava (2 cans).
    • Not sure why anyone would want a de-caffeinated energy drink. With that being said, I’m that there are people who do. Not my cup of tea, but okay flavor. 3 stars!
  • XS™ Energy + Burn Strawberry (2 cans)
    • Flavor seemed pretty artificial. 3.5 stars!
  • XS™ Energy + Burn Blood Orange (2 cans) 
    • Loved this one. 4 Stars!


All-in-all, I really enjoyed working my way through the XS line of energy drinks from Amway. 

Aside from the de-caffeinated option, all of the flavors gave me a great boost of energy and had me feeling great for most of the day. Obviously, my favorite was the Pink Grapefruit, but there were multiple others that were equally great.

This brings me to my last point. For some reason, Amway has not restocked the Pink Grapefruit XS drinks on its website. I sincerely hope that this is not indicative of a shift in product offering, because I loved that flavor. Like other energy beverages from other MLM’s, you can still find hard-to-acquire flavors on sites like Amazon and Ebay, but buyer beware. You never know what you could potentially be purchasing when you go through a third party. My recommendation is to find someone who can works with Amway and bug them to get ahold of your favorite flavors. That’s what I did and I now have a few cases of Pink Grapefruit stashed away for a rainy day.
I know there are many more flavors than I tested, so please, reach out if you have a favorite that was not included here that I should try!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Review of ViSalus Pro

I am SO excited to be reviewing the ViSalus Pro product line by Body by Vi. The company offers a wide array of supp...